Folding is a wonderful way to strengthen fine motor skills in little fingers. Use larger squares of paper for this project and make sure the folds are nice and crisp.
You will need a square of pretty paper, scissors and a piece of ribbon or string.
- Fold the square of paper in half and cut along the fold. Put one half aside.
- Fold one rectangle in half lengthways. Open and fold each corner into the middle to form a triangle.
- Turn the rectangle horizontally and fold each side in half to create a fan. Put aside
- With the short side of the second rectangle facing you, fan fold the entire piece.
- Place the two fans together and tie with a piece of ribbon. Fluff out the folds and voila! A pretty butterfly.
I hope you enjoy this pretty project! Don’t forget to talk about colours and the lifecycle of the butterfly while doing this project 🙂